Monday, November 17, 2008

Applebee's New York Strip with Parmesan and Grilled Shrimp

Quick review for bonus steak for the week. Obviously our main crux here on Steak Blog is to review and talk about Steak Night itself, but I feel for completeness it is necessary to chronicle all forays into steakocity. So here we go, over the weekend while celebrating a friend's birthday at Applebee's I ordered the steak mentioned in this entry's title. I must say, I think I have become spoiled by the steak prepared religiously every Wednesday. The cut at Applebee's was no comparison. It was by comparison to home, bland and saddening. I remember when this would have tasted awesome, but I just now found myself needing A1 more and more to flavor the meal. Have I ruined my taste buds for the outside world? What have I done to myself?

Side note, the grilled shrimp and parmesan topping was wonderful. I have not yet mastered seafood at home so I cannot replicate this on my own. Highly recommended as a steak add-on. For the entree itself, I think I will stick with the BBQ ribs next time.

Steak 3/10 (opinion influenced by perspective of what could have been)
Shrimp 8/10

No comments: